The Migration South


  One of John Rollison’s (Rawlinson) sons was Noel Raulerson 1st, who was born in South Carolina during 1782.  At 10 years old he and his family migrated to the lands of Georgia.  In Camden Co. Ga, he met and married Eleanor Baggs (Born May 6, 1785). His life led him to live in what is now Polk County, FLorida. Record show in 1866 Eleanor died at Plant City, Fl.   One of their children was Noel Rabun Raulerson Sr., who was born July 9 1820 (or 1918), in Wayne County, Ga. and died on Jun 16th 1910, in Polk County, Fl.  During 1839 in Hamilton Co, Fl, he married Tempa Whitton Whidden of Georgia (b. Dec19th 1821).  She died on Mar 22nd 1904 in Polk Co, Fl.  
Their Children are as follows:
  1. William Henry 1841
  2. John B. 1843
  3. David Early 1846
  4. Mary 1847 (Hillsborough Co.)
  5. Noel Rabun Jr. 1848
  6. j. Archibald 1851
  7. Emarantha 1852
  8. Ellen Jane 1853
  9. Eliza Jane 
  10. Peter 1857 (Bartow, Polk Co)
  11. Sarah 1861 (Hillsborough Co)
  12. Caroline 1863
  13. Hardy 5-1865 (Polk Co)
Noel (b.1782) served in the Ga. Militia from 1813-1815, including at Ft Wayne against Indian attacks.  
Noel Rabun Raulerson Sr. (b.1820) was only about 10 years old when his father Noel (b.1782) passed away.  His mother Eleanor moved with him back to North Florida near William Raulerson.  She died in 1866 when Noel was about 46 years old.  
   
Noel Rabun Raulerson Sr
July 9, 1818 - June 16, 1910


Emarantha Raulerson Hazelief
(1851 - April 8, 1943)


Noel Rabun Raulerson Jr 
&
 Amanda Elizabeth King Raulerson.

Emarantha Raulerson Hazellief, Amanda King Raulerson 
(June 25, 1854 - July 23, 1939)
and her husband Noel Rabon Raulerson Jr (Sept. 3, 1848 - Aug. 30, 1952).


10 comments:

  1. Hi Hendry, my name is Clark and David Early Raulerson, born 1846, was my g-great grandfather. I've done some of my own research on the Raulerson family on ancestry.com.

    I've been trying to find information on Benjamin b. 1724 Raulerson/Rawlinson's mother Avis. She was born in 1705 in Maryland. Her husband, Benjamin's father, was John Raulerson. He was born 1701.

    Point is I've been trying find her maiden name. I left her last name blank since Raulerson is a married name. Avis may be Native American, an English name does not rule that out since many Native Americans had both their own real names and colonial names that was given to them. Still true today.

    Anyway your blog was interesting. As you may know the Raulersons eventually moved down to Okeechobee, FL area and Brevard County. My grandfather's family (William Early and Drusilla Parker Raulerson) moved up to Alachua, County sometime after 1910.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clark, my name is Brad White. David Early was also my Great Great Grandfather. Would love to chat some time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Her name was Ann Avis Fisher I believe. Her husband, John Rawlerson/Raulerson was my 6th great grandfather, as she is my 6th great grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I came across the grave of David Early Raulerson in Lake County, Florida. Did he own and run a cattle ranch up there? I'm a Florida fine art and documentary photographer, as well as Florida historian.

    Kevin Boldenow

    ReplyDelete
  6. Noel raybun raulerson sr was my grama yates grandather her mother was Ellen Jane raulerson his daughter making noel sr my grgr grampa anyone Wana chat hit me up at flswampkracker@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi my third great grandmother was Fanny Raulerson.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been trying to find the whereabouts of Fanny Raulerson. She probably dies in Columbia County, Florida. Her children, though undocumented, are buried in cemeteries across Florida.

      Delete
  8. I am writing a book the involves much of the Raulerson family history and am looking for family historians. I especially need information about Fannie Raulerson.

    ReplyDelete